Frequently Asked Questions
You may find answers to your questions about visiting below...
Why use a celebrant?
Why use a celebrant and not a registrar?
When you decide to have a wedding ceremony, how do you find the right celebrant?
Can you meet your celebrant before you make your decision?
What does a celebrant wear?
Can we have our ceremony at any time of the day or night?
When should we book our celebrant?
What are your fees?
The ceremony component is probably the lowest cost of your whole day so don’t spoil your day to save a few pounds. Have the celebrant that you loved the most. At the most there should only be £100 difference or thereabouts between celebrants. We offer tailored ceremonies down to every little detail. You will receive:
- A consultation meeting.
- A second consultation meeting if required.
- Unlimited calls, emails and Skype meetings.
- 24 hour support and guidance.
- Provided with numerous poems and readings.
- Examples of vows and ceremonies.
- A tailored ceremony created just for you.
- A beautiful certificate.
- Rehearsal of your ceremony with your bridal party.
Our fees for a bespoke ceremony:
Fees depend on location, how many rehersals and length of ceremony; 50% non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. A booking form must be completed and emailed or posted back to guarantee your booking. Balances outstanding must be paid 4 weeks prior to ceremony date. Please note that depending on travel expenses this fee may change. Most locations are set a fee.
What time will I arrive at your ceremony?
I will arrive an hour before the start time of your ceremony and leave when no longer required.
How many ceremonies do you conduct in a day?
Your ceremony is the most important of that day and only one will be held that day.
Can I choose what you put into our ceremony?
Are wedding planners only for wealthy people?
How much does a Wedding Planner cost?
Can we get discounts on suppliers?
Your venue has an in-house wedding coordinator; do you need a wedding planner?
Where can your ceremony be held?
Do you perform second marriages?
How do we arrange the legal registration?
You can arrange to visit your local register office to formalise the paperwork. You can do this before your wedding ceremony, on the day, or days before, or even after your ceremony celebration. If the venue where we are holding your ceremony is licensed you can pay for the registrar to come to this venue, and follow straight into your ceremony. You do not have to exchange rings with the registrar and it can be as straight forward as a few lines and a signature. Most couples do this wearing just jeans and have no guests attending at the Register Office. Your guests will not even know your bespoke wedding ceremony does not include the legal registration.
How do you arrange the Legal Registration?
Call your local Register Office. The costs vary depending on which office you will attend. But expect to pay £100-£200.
- An authority for the marriage is issued by the Superintendent Registrar, and you are free to get married in any district by submitting your completed marriage notice forms to the Registrar of Marriages in the area of your choice for marriage.
- Arrange your legal marriage ceremony whenever you want – before or after your wedding ceremony – on the day itself, or a day or two before.
- The marriage ceremony at the Register Office will take approximately 10 minutes.
- You will be required to repeat a legal declaration.
- You do have to not exchange rings. This will be done after saying your vows at the Wedding Celebration Ceremony.
- The marriage register is signed by you both and your two witnesses.
Why choose Ailsa?
It would be a privilege to be part of your day, one of the most important times in your lives. With this I welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.
Are you affiliated to any beliefs?
I am not affiliated to any religion, but I do have one belief and that is all ceremonies are about love and you deserve the most memorable day. Religious elements can be included into any ceremony if you wish.
We are a part of your big day, and so you need to feel a connection with me!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I am always happy to talk and respond to any of your unanswered questions. I always recommend that you should speak to your celebrant before booking them.